Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Allegiant Book Review

Although Veronica Roths' writing in this book is phenomenal, I felt like the storyline could have used some work. Out of the three books in this series (Divergent, Insurgent, and Allegiant) I felt like this one, though it's the last one, disappointed me most. There were parts in the book that were almost boring and made me want to skip that part, which is never a good quality. Although Roths' first book, Divergent, was a strong piece that I could really connect to, Allegiant did not meet my expectations. Although, Roth discussed serious topics in a way that made me think about them, I found myself feeling that they were too serious, so it lost some of the playful qualities that made the earlier books so enjoyable. It was also harder to focus on the plot. Overall, though the book did discuss serious topics, it lacked in playfulness and was unenjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment